Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentines with Computer Text as Background

Most of us like to see our name in print. While in San Francisco, I checked out "Sharon" mugs, prison tee shirts, license plates and snow globes on the chacha shelves. Though I didn't buy any of the "beauties", it was fun to see my name in print. However, some names are left out of the souvenir "game".
"Tasha" is one of those names you can not find in souvenir shops. My niece has never seen her name on key chains, or tee shirts, snow globes or mugs. I decided I would find one "Tasha" bib, spoon or prison issue pair of underwear. (Alcatraz)
Unfortunately, I came home empty handed. "Tasha" was no where to be found!! When it came time to make Valentines, I remembered our conversation and decided it was time for Tasha to see her name in print. She has a wonderful husband named Scott and two beautiful girls, Ellie and Delaney. I thought it would be fun to include their names too!!

Step 1- Print name(s) in desired color on card stock or good quality paper. I found out you can not emboss photo paper, the film coating burns.

Step 2- Stamp and/or emboss over of names
Step 3, cut out stampings and put pieces through Xyron if desired



Step 4- Create cards
Step 5 - Get an early start on St. Patrick's Day
If you have a great idea for using text with stamping,
post a comment, picture or link!!

2 comments:

  1. OK- so thoughtful! I can't believe you remembered out conversation and am so thrilled to be the recipient of such adorable notecards. I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to use them up before the baby arrives!! I will make a new set when there are 5 of you!!! Love u!s

    ReplyDelete