Saturday, December 13, 2008

Update on Sandy
Good News- Sandy is well enough to leave the hospital tomorrow. Stacy and Barclay will be driving her to a skilled nursing facility near their house. Please pray for a safe trip for them as she is very weak.

There is a wonderful site called Caring Bridge which offers a place for families to update people on a family member's condition without having to make lots of phone calls. Tasha started a beautiful page for Sandy. You can find it here.


Sandy's Caring Bridge Page

Thank you for your concern and prayers!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you to my sweet husband Larry!!!
As some of you know I have always loved to decorate for Christmas. But since my mom died we have not decorated or put up a tree. Larry overheard me telling someone that I didn't think I would put one up this year either. When I got home from work on Thursday, he greeted me at the door and told me to close my eyes. When I opened them in the living room, the tree was up and lighted and almost all decorated. It is amazing how calming and peaceful it is to sit by the tree, a time to remember all the wonderful past holidays. Thank you so much Larry!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
On a lighter note
Karen D. posted a link to the 12 Days of Christmas video below. Once I listened I was hooked. The harmony is amazing.

Larry went to 5 stores today to try to find the CD. All said they had sold out days ago except for Record Theater. They had one copy left. The songs remind me of the rich music at Houghton which I miss!! The 12 Days reminds me of the classic crazy antics from the Houghton '77 singers with their wonderful rendition of "Trees shall Clap their Hands!!"


P.S. My next post will be my 50th. I have heard that it has become a tradition to post 50 things people might not know about you in your 50th post. I'm working on it!!

12 Days of Christmas - YouTube link- find more of their songs
Enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Larry is a wonderful hubby! That must have been so special- and even though Christmas without Grandma must be so hard for you, she'd want you to celebrate that season. If it weren't for the birth of Christ, we couldn't have confidence in Grandma's new address. I love you! Enjoy that beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete