Friday, September 5, 2008

Sight Sound Smell = Memories

It's September

Isn't it amazing how a quick glance at an image or the faintest smell can trigger a cascade of vivid memories. What do you think of when you see a bushel of apples, or a flat tire, or a pick up basketball game in the street?

Recently, my sister Beth and I were walking near some pine trees. I remarked "That smell!! It reminds me of Camp-of-the-Woods." Her comment was "Everything reminds you of Camp-of-the-Woods."


It's true. Growing up, COW was my favorite place on earth. I can't remember what I did last week but I can still remember the feeling of learning to sail a sunfish when I was 12!! I'm sure the more emotional the memory, the stronger it comes back.

Speaking of memories- are you ready to go back in time? What memories, sights, sounds and smells, do these pictures bring back?
Do they fill you with good feelings or dread?

First Day of Second Grade 2008











Time for a nap!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment