Sunday, March 8, 2009

CARDS FOR SOLDIERS

My friend Debbie has gotten very involved with anysoldier.com. She communicates regularly with several soldiers, some who are moms with young children back in the states.
One thing I never thought about is how hard it is for soldiers to find cards, birthday, anniversary etc.. There are no local Hallmark stores in Iraq.
Debbie asked me if I could come up with some simple designs for cards that could be made quickly. These are my first attempts.
The base papers are made on glossy white card stock or matte colored card stock with Adirondack Inks. I LOVE the effects of the inks. So different than inks that blend. They react very differently on matte papers. The effect is much more muted.
It was hard to capture the true colors in the photos. They are brighter than the pictures show.


This is my favorite.

I am working on a way to send the sentiments separately from the cards. If we sent an assortment of xyroned sentiments, soldiers could use any card for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment