Friday, March 27, 2009

Make Personalized Stationary

I love personalized stationary .
Fine Stationary
Paper Wink
One of my favorite presents was a box of "Sharon Markell" stationary on extra white, heavy cardstock. The treasures in the box included a variety of cards, note pads, gift cards, post cards, note cards etc. Some were printed with my intials, some first name and some my full name. When I got married I put the box away, figuring I would use it up "later".
Almost fifteen years later, I unearthed the box while cleaning out the basement. It brought back memories of how much I enjoyed using the stationary. Personalized stationary makes a great gift.

Making cards for Tasha was a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to make 10 or 20 of each one though. It would take a long time. However in the day of scanners and color printers, making personalized stationary is as easy as buying quality paper, ink and choosing 1-2 favorite designs.

The cards were made by printing the base paper with green ink, stamping with versa mark ink and embossing with shiny green embossing powder. The "Tasha" paper was run through the Xyron before embossing but next time I would wait until after embossing.


Once you scan the designs, you can resize and recolor to make different types of cards. It is important to have a VERY CLEAN design because the scanner will pick up all the flaws.

If you don't want to use your own paper and ink you can order from VISTA PRINT!! Have you discovered them yet?
Vista Print

You upload your design to their website and for a very reasonable price you have your own set of cards. My plan for the weekend is to order 4 sets for gifts. I'll let you know how they turn out!!


Hmmm! This young lady does not look too happy!!!

But look what a few years will do!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment