Monday, April 13, 2009

It all began with one little tug....

Today was the day to get the salt stains off the flagstone in our front hall. It sounds easy enough- just wash the floor. But for some reason it's not that easy. It usually takes 3-4 washings before the salt is gone. And yes I do use clean water for every swipe.

As I was washing the floor I noticed a dusty baseboard.

And as I was wiping off the dusty base board I noticed a spot on the wallpaper.

And when I tried to wipe the wall paper off I noticed a splitting seam.


And when I tugged on the splitting seam a great big piece of wallpaper came off.
And for some reason I can't just stop and one tug. So I kept tugging right down the stairs. The first layer came off easily but now...
When Larry came home this is what he saw on the front porch. He walked in as I was filling a garbage bag with shreds.
He accused me of trying to hide the evidence and then sighed a big sigh!!

You see last time I tugged - just one little tug- we ended up tugging the wallpaper off in FIVE rooms. You know - one just leads to the other. It's kinda like eating m&m's.

There will be no new wallpaper -EVER- in our house. We are paint people. It's not that I don't appreciate wall paper in other people's houses - just keep that paste away from here!!!
It will take me a few weeks to get the paste washed off of these walls. I don't need any more!!

2 comments:

  1. OH, NO! It sounds like a segment out of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny= I actually wrote that in but took it out because I wasn't sure anyone would understand!!!

    ReplyDelete