Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Giving Thanks

Melodie Beattie : Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity.... It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.



My second grade students are keeping a Thankful Journal for the month of November. The things they are thankful for are so sweet and often very unique. One girl said she was thankful for door knobs because you would be locked in a room without them.


So, in the spirit of gratitude, I will keep a Thankful journal right here...

I am thankful for...

1. a beautiful ride to school complete with a sunflower field, a wide creek to cross and lots of trees and deer.

2. Tim Horton's coffee- now extra large

3. sweet Larry who gets me to do things I never would have done without him (curling ??)

4. wide eyed students who LOVE books, today it is Scaredy Squirrel. (I am suffering grammar guilt. How do I underline?)


5. hot showers!

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Until then I am thankful for 6 soft, squishy pillows and a 7 comfortable, warm bed.

8. car starters

9. gourds of all shapes and sizes

10. fluffy white snowflakes

11. did I say hot Tim Horton's coffee??

12. pumpkin pie

13. our church family

14. friends who listen

15. Sabres on the radio to keep me company while doing report cards!!

16. football

17. new beginnings

18. Trent Edwards

19. the Bills - if it weren't for the Bills, I would not have met Larry!!

20. days off from school

21. Canada - our favorite get away place!!

22. my garden

23. freedom

24. the United States of America

25. randomness- to my linear friends. please don't think this in the order of importance - ramdom minds think random thoughts!!

26. friends that stick with you through thick and thin

27. opportunities for change - every day is a new beginning

28. forgiveness- makes the world work

29. seasons- every thing becomes new all over again

30. Christmas decorations

31. Christmas lights

32. Christmas movies

33. the first gift of Christmas - Jesus

34. moments of peace, moments of fun, moments of sparkle



No comments:

Post a Comment