Friday, November 28, 2008

LIFE CHANGES IN A HEARTBEAT

***Update Saturday Night 11:00pm Nov.29th
After quite a good day Sandy has had a significant setback. Stacy and Heather have decided to spend the night at the hospital. I don't know the details, just that everyone is very concerned.
I do know that God is in control and that recovery
is often a rollercoaster ride. Please pray for a miracle for Sandy!
See Sundays update- Click "Sandy's Condition Update" on right.




My sister Sandy went for a walk after
Thanksgiving dinner.
The bright sun
blinded the eyes of the woman
driving toward her.
In an instant she was hit by a car,
the impact leaving her motionless and still.



She regained consciousness and was
able to communicate.

Once in the hospital,
she became confused and
no longer was able to communicate normally.
The CT scan revealed she is bleeding internally,
the blood is putting pressure on her brain.



This would be a serious situation
for any one of us.

For Sandy it is doubly so.
At the age of 33, pregnant with Tasha,

Sandy suffered a stroke due to an aneurysm.
It took many surgeries to save her life,
including one to remove part of her brain.

Right now we are just waiting to hear.
I wonder if I should be be packing to
make a quick trip to Virginia tomorrow.
I pray for her girls and the
medical people taking care of her.
I wonder if she feels alone, and
I pray she is unaware of the situation and
is in a deep peaceful sleep.


It is amazing how life changes in a heartbeat.
Suddenly the unimportant falls away.
Heading to Kohls at 3:30am with a
shopping list and coffee to fight for
a parking spot has been crossed off
my list. "Black Friday" will have to
survive without me.

I am also so thankful for the days we spent
together this summer. After years of being apart,
we spent 6 fun, silly days together.
I pray that God's hand will be on Sandy.
He is the one who knows and loves her best.

I don't know what the tomorrow will bring
but as the song says,
I know who holds tomorrow.


I Know Who Holds Tomorrow
Ira Stanphill
I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
      Refrain
      Many things about tomorrow,
      I don't seem to understand;
      But I know Who holds tomorrow,
      And I know Who holds my hand.
*** Update 1- Saturday, Nov. 29
Sandy is doing better. The doctor said the accident may have been fatal if she had not had the earlier surgeries. The blood pooled in the space where part of her brain had been removed. That open space saved her life!

She was coherent yesterday and ate a bit of jello and ice cream. That was the first she had eaten. Stacy and Heather are with her and Tahsa is arriving on Tuesday. Please pray for all of them for emotional, physical and spiritual strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment