Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Attitude Makes a Difference Part 2


Installment #2 of I Choose My Attitude

Tuseday I was driving to computer training saying over and over to myself "Today is going to be a great day- I can't wait to see what will happen." The head of IT had already told me I wouldn't have a computer to work which is difficult when you are in COMPUTER training.

About 15 minutes into the presentation I noticed an unused computer in the big work area at the side of the room. I quietly asked one of the techs if I could use that computer. He smiled and said sure. This was not a simple yes- it meant he had to download an entire program, configure it and then unload it at the end of the session. It took him about 15 minutes (with no complaints) and he turned it over to me.

This is the good part- the "I can't wait to see what will happen" part! Everyone who started the session with a computer was at a student computer, in student chairs, crowded 5 to a table. I was in the teacher's area with 2 swivel, rolling chairs, a big area to spread out and lots of get up, wiggle and lean against the wall space!! Amazing!

I don't do well in small confined spaces where I don't have room to move so it was perfect for me. It was another reminder that we shape our life with our words even if those words are said silently to ourselves.


PS The pictures are from the web. I collect pictures of built in, furniture, white furniture, and fun furniture. Someday our house will be all built ins if I have my way!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment