Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Glimpses...

I am always wistful when I turn the calendar from July to August. Though teachers have the summer "off", there are hours and hours of prep to get ready for a new school year, especially for primary teachers. I love the new year feel but I'm not ready to lose my freedom.

To stave off the August blues I opened the files of pictures from our California trip. Most make me smile and wish we were boarding a plane again soon. Some make me wish my hair was still blonde ! !

Anyway, I'll share snippets of our trip from time to time. Mostly to smile and remember and to let you in on the fun!!
At& T Park- home of the SF Giants. Bring your laptop and wireless card and you can surf the net from any seat in the house!!
No one can say Harvey's name so he posted this sign in the visitor's locker room. He is in charge of visiting teams and their care. He goes so far as to find out what places they like to eat in SF and has dinner sent to the park from those establishments.
The man is in "baseball heaven"!! Don't be fooled. He would look like this in any baseball park. You will find him cheering for the home team in any park except the Yangkees!!
There are only four woman who work on the cable cars. I was proud to have my picture taken with one of them!!
Approaching the Golden Gate Bridge before the camera got wet.
Leaving the Golden Gate Bridge after the camera got wet.
A new way to travel. Not for the faint of heart or those who are tippy!
The marble steps at city hall.
Also at city hall outside the Election Office. I have many pictures of this doorway from very angle and distance. Taking pictures was my cover for listening to a conversation of a political activist. Fascinating really- until my husband whisked me away and told me I was much too obvious. Guess the CIA won't be calling any time soon.
Once block from our room- the sign for "Old Fisherman's Wharf".
Our first lunch in SF. Crab sandwiches and crab cocktail. Have I mentioned that the seagulls were as big as poodles and they were ready to steal our lunches?
Title: Freeing on the 4th of July!! I have lots of pictures of people in winter hats, coats, gloves, earmuffs and scarves. Just in case you don't believe us that it was COLD!!!
I have no idea who these people are. If I was trying to take their picture I don't think it would be this perfect. I wonder what they were talking about. It could have been getting married or the Limburger cheese they had for dinner. I was so tempted to show them the picture but the man I was with named Larry would have turned 10 shades of red from embarrassment.
The Bushman!! He deserves a BLOG all to himself! It will appear soon.
The man makes 60,000+ doing this~~
Breakfast- sourdough bread and coffee- yum!
Our hotel in the background.
Water baby (Me)loved the boats!! It was fun to see the artists set up and working. That's my idea of a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment