Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You're What?? Packing your classroom??

Common conversation lately...
x- What's going on in your life s?
S- Well the main thing taking my time right now is packing my classroom to move by Feb. 13.
(Blank stare puzzled look) followed by
x- Oh- been to any good concerts?
or
x- Why would you do that?
or
x- Oh- well it was good to see you!

I guess only another teacher could understand the enormity of the task.Packing a classroom and moving in the summer is one thing, but teaching all day and then packing until ... and then doing it all again the next day is .... well... is hmmmm......

The most interesting thing is most of us will arrive back to our "moved"
classroom about 30 minutes before the kids arrive on Feb. 26th.






Sometimes the boxes are jumbled and so am I. Thank goodness Larry has come in to help several times. Today when I went to record spelling grades I realized I had packed my gradebook and kept out an empty notebook that looks like my gradebook. OOOppps. Report cards are due Monday. I will have to find that gradebook!

Our new classrooms are smaller than our old ones so I will need to weed out. It is easier for me to do that when I am in the new space.




It's going to be an interesting couple months. Maybe I'll just move to Australia! I'm sure Alexander will let me live at his house!! :)

(If you are wondering about that last comment- Google Judith Viorst)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment