Sunday, January 18, 2009

I love saying "my studio"!

Ever since I saw a picture of Mary Englebriet's studio, workroom etc., I wanted a creative place of my own!!


I have no idea why this is underlining but....

A few years ago I had a well organized area, that worked exactly the way I wanted it to and then.... the basement flooded.

It took me awhile to get up and running again but I did it. Again, I had a well organized area, that worked exactly the way I wanted it to and then.... the basement flooded again.

So now I am at it for the third time- trying to create a well organized area, that works exactly the way I want it to and hope that.... the basement never floodsagain.


This is my work table. Two hours before this pic was taken there was a nice big workspace with everything organized at hand. This is the result of my work style. When I end up with about 6 inches of workspace, it is time to stop, tidy up, put stuff away and make room.

I love AMVETS. They always have something I didn't know I needed until I walk in the store. I think God leaves me little presents in that store. Two years ago I bought a new Lands End barn coat for 7.49 and I have been wearing it ever since. Below is my 6.98 table on wheels. In the store it looked so small I thought it would roll under the table - ha!!! But I can pull it up to the edge of the table so I am sitting in a square!!

The dartboard doubles as a display/inspiration area.

I discovered YOUTUBE how-to videos. This is an acetate and tissue paper project I learned on YOUTUBE!! Gotta love the WEB!!


Here are some other fun projects I have been working on.



I have this pic hanging on the post (below) by my work table. Age is a weird thing. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I am not sure it's me. This picture reminds me of life at 21!! I was a senior in college and had a lot on my mind!! I love this pic for many reasons. The coat was a hand-me-down from our friends grandmother. It was spring of my senior year- I was about to go "conquer" the world. Anyway, what better place to remember who you are than in a room meant for creative play????




No comments:

Post a Comment