Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tags, Tags and More Tags

Martha Stewart's Christmas magazine had a picture of gift tags with the person's picture rather than their name. I loved the idea and my wheels started turning with ideas for gift tags. In December I took a package of tags to my dentist when I had to go in on a Saturday morning for an emergency. Monday she told me they are still on her dining room table- too pretty to use or put away.
***See "Tag Give Away" at end of blog.

I baked muffins for the neighbors and attached the above tags with lots of curly ribbon and buttons.
Dollar General has packs of precut scrapbooking scraps perfect for tags. One dollar for the package. Paper is in 5 intense colors. The gold above is one of the colors.


These are ready to decorate. I usually put the yarn on after the tag is finished but we had to travel on Sunday and I needed a project for the car.


The buttons give the tags a finished look.

When I give them as gifts I will include an idea sheet for using them on packages.


I love the design of this card because you can make it in any colorand it is appropriate for anyone. The dots on the black were made with the eraser on a new pencil and Versa Mark ink embossed in black. The dots on the white were made with a black Dotta-riffic marker.

Happy Creating!!
For more tag ideas click on "My Studio" or "Snow Day".
Scroll down on each page for tags.

***Tag Give Away- Two readers will win a set of 6 tags. Names will be picked randomly from entries. To enter, submit a comment using the word "tag" in a phrase or saying. Names to be picked Sunday, at half time of the Super Bowl.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments: