Sunday, July 20, 2008

Writing-can get to your heart! cont.

I found an amazing quote on the blog Out of the Mess by Daisymarie
http://holdingthemirror.blogspot.com

What a wonderful affirmation of the power writing can have in our lives.


"Writing is a process in which we discover what lives in us. The writing itself reveals what is alive. The deepest satisfaction of writing is precisely that it opens up new spaces within us of which we were not aware before we started to write.

To write is to embark on a journey whose final destination we do not know. Thus, creative writing requires a real act of trust. We have to say to ourselves, “I do not yet know what I carry in my heart, but I trust that it will emerge as I write.”

Writing is like giving away the few loaves and fishes one has, trusting that they will multiply in the giving. Once we dare to “give away” on paper the few thoughts that come to us, we start discovering how much is hidden underneath…and gradually come in touch with our own riches." (Reflections on Theological Education)

Thank you Daisy Marie!


1 comment: